Finally finished my gingerbread design!
|Bedford Butterfly Footbridge, UK (Courtesy of Wikipedia)|
I followed this recipe (thank you, Food Network):
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 Tbsp) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 1 Tbsp water
1) Beat butter, b. sugar
2) Mix in dry ingredients
3) Add eggs, molasses, and water.
4) Knead until manageable
Oven temp: 350 , Time: 11-15min
...and away I went.
Merry Christmas to you and yours!